Everything You Should Know Before Getting Lip Injections
Thinking about getting a fuller set of lips? Nahla, owner of Beautiful By Nahla a certified estheticianshares her insider tips on what you should know before getting lip fillers.
1. Like an artist, every injector has a favorite formula they like to use. Nahla, and many other injectors agree that the easiest and most natural temporary filler is hyaluronic acid (HA) such as Restylane.
2. If you don’t like the way they look it can be instantly fixed. You can completely erase HA fillers if you don't like how your lips turn out for whatever reason. Because HA is not permanent, your esthetician or Doctor can inject an eraser enzyme called hyaluronidase. The enzyme will dissolve the filler in five minutes if you're unhappy with the initial results.
3. It can cost anywhere from $400 to $2,000 to get your lips done, depending on the place and region you live in. At Beautiful By Nahla we offer Restylane & Juvederm for $565+
4. You can OR don't have to go all out. You can choose which areas of your lips you'd like the focus to be. Whether you want to do both lips, just the bottom lip, or the middle of the top lip, you can plump wherever you and youresthetician decide will best complement the rest of your facial features. On average we see 1 syringe being used for a subtle yet noticeable difference. For more of an increase in volume many patients will come back after swelling has went down for a touch up; Adding more to the bottom center area, or the borders of the lips.
5. There's practically zero downtime. The procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes total, and the numbing will start to wear off after about 15 minutes. You can go about your daily life afterward but shouldn't make any big plans (like a wedding or an important event) for at least three days in case you bruise.
6. HA fillers last about four to 8 months. If your body is on the thinner side, you'll metabolize the formula faster and the injections won't last as long.
7. At the beginning of the procedure, it feels like a pinch and then it stings as the filler is being injected. Afterward, your injector will massage your lips a little, ice them for 10 minutes, and then let you go about your day. Some will feel a mild to moderate sting or what may feel like your lips were sunburned a few hours after the procedure and slight sensitivity the next day. Drinking water and cold presses will decrease any discomfort.
8. You will see the results almost immediately. Your lips will be a little swollen at first, but you'll see the effects of the fillers pretty quickly. Give your lips 24 hours to settle and the swelling to calm. Then you'll be seeing your filled-out lips as they will be for the next few months.
9. Don't expect to get Angelina Jolie's lips in one session. You can bring in inspiration photos, but ultimately, you and your esthetician should decide what look is best for your face. If you’re wanting more of a natural result its best to increase the size gradually over time — not all at once.